Decreased performance of your turbine means lost power production. Reliable Turbine Services has developed many proprietary welding procedures for improving scheduled and forced outage repair times.
Our on-site and in-shop options will restore efficiency, reduce costs, and increase the life-span of your equipment. With these engineered, certified and proven automatic welding capabilities in the RTS arsenal, along with all of our conventional welding experience, we can provide the support you need quickly.
On-Site Specialized Weld Repair Equipment
Portable Semi-Auto TIG Bore Welding:
A Deep Bore GTAW machine capable of providing State of the Art On-Site welding, utilizing the latest technology in programmable high quality weldments. This machine is the latest version in the evolution of this technology, proving to be a very robust and reliable machine and capable of welding:
- From narrow bores as small as 2” up to 18” and up to 5’ deep in the bore
- Welding across faces on flanges and casings etc.
- On the outside diameters of all types of components such as Valve Seat Areas
- Utilizing a wide variety of Filler Metals from Mild Steel to Stellite
Portable Semi-Auto MIG Bore Welding:
Automated Welding Equipment that consists of a rotating MIG Torch designed for heavy weld build up on Stationary Components in place. Capable of providing exceptional quality weldments and a variety of Filler Metals on Components with:
- Sizes ranging from 2” to 12’ inside diameter
- Conical Seats and Faces up to 60” Long
- Weldments of outside diameters and faces up to 10’
In-House Specialized Weld Repair Equipment
Automatic Hot Wire TIG Welding:
This GTAW System is a custom engineered auto cladding machine that utilizes Hot Wire Voltage and Frequency. This technology provides current to the filler wire for a faster material deposit whilecausing less contamination from the base material. Its 48” rotary table that will angle from 0 to 90 degrees, allows for virtually limitless capabilities for this machine. Using a wide variety of filler metals this machine can weld almost anything and is most noted for its ability to provide High Quality Stellite Weldments for ruggedizing Turbine Valves and Stems etc.
Submerged Arc Welding:
When a significant amount of weld build up is needed, this Submerged Arc Welding machine is up to the challenge. Using various types of filler materials this machine with its large boom has:
- 10’ under arm axial travel
- Horizontal travel of up to 11’
- Weldment up 3/4” wide and 1/2” high on each pass
This machine is noted for exceptional high quality deposit of metal for:
- Steam Turbine Rotors, including Journal or Thrust Collar welding and refurbishment
- Steam Turbine Rotor Bucket Dovetail Fit welding and refurbishment of both axial entry, T Root and Fir Tree designs
- Steam Turbine Rotor shaft and Stub Shaft weld buildup and refurbishment